- Life in the fast lane: HLN Feature VideoPosted 4 years ago
- Tia Norfleet: Black History MonthPosted 4 years ago
- Verizon’s Celebrating Your Story – Tia NorfleetPosted 4 years ago
- Tia Norfleet – Nascar’s First Female African American DriverPosted 4 years ago
- Tia Norfleet Coca-Cola Pay It Forward I ASPiRE ProfilePosted 4 years ago
Tia Norfleet Makes NASCAR Debut
- Updated: January 21, 2013
5-August-2012 —The Platinum Marketing and Public Relations Group is pleased to announce that Tia Norfleet, the first and only African American female licensed by NASCAR, made her debut at the Motor Mile Speedway in Fairlawn, Virginia, August 4, 2012 at 7:06pm.
“It gives us great pleasure to officially announce Tia Norfleet’s historical accomplishment to the world. It has been a long time coming and we are extremely elated and expect nothing but the best from her,” says Guernica D. Williams, her Publicist. “Getting here has taking much hard work and dedication, there are so many people who have helped to make this happen and we are very thankful for their devotion and support. At Bobby Norfleet Racing, Inc., it is a family affair and we all stand strong and firm behind Tia. We are extremely proud of her and the hard work that she has put into this program,” stated Allen L. Ellison, President of Bobby Norfleet Racing, Inc.
“While this has been an enduring journey for the entire Norfleet team, it has taught us patience and perseverance in all things,” says Tia Norfleet. This, today, is the result of persevering. I am truly honored and truly blessed to be able to experience this moment with my family and to race with some of the best drivers in the sport.”